Safety Mini 4cyl Bomber Hobby Modified Mini Sprint
Modified Rules 2012
All General and Safety
A. Body, Chassis, and Weight
1. All cars must
have steel plating at least 18 ga. or 0.049 inches thick on the driver’s
side door bars and floor board.
2. Composite body parts are not allowed
except for roof leading edge rock guards and hood scoops.
3. The body
must be approximately the same width front to back and be near parallel to
the OEM frame.
4. The nose panel must remain within the perimeter of
the front bumper.
5. Windows must have a suitable opening to allow for
safe entry and exit and assistance from emergency personnel.
panels may not extend forward past the back of the seat.
spoilers are allowed.
8. Wicker bills on the nose must not exceed
4” in height off of the face of the nose.
9. A maximum of 6” of
interior rake front to back is allowed if the rake starts at the front
edge of the interior and continues to the back edge of the interior. If
the rake starts behind the seat, only 3” or total rake is allowed.
A maximum of 5” of total rake front to back is allowed in the roof.
All cars must have at least 3 bars in the windshield area in front of the
driver. See general safety rules for further explanation.
12. All cars
must have a properly installed racing seat. The bottom of the seat must
not extend below the bottom of the frame rails.
13. The driver must be
completely sealed off from the engine, drivetrain, fuel cell, battery,
14. A stock width 1964 or newer OEM or OEM replacement rear wheel
drive passenger car frame must be used. Sports car frames are not
15. The wheelbase must be between 108 and 112 inches.
Front suspension components may be altered. Lower control arm mounts must
remain in stock location.
17. Bump stops are not allowed.
and pinion steering is not allowed.
19. OEM style steering box, idler
arm, pitman arm, drag link, and inner tie rod ends must be used and must
match the frame. Quick steer may be used.
20. OEM style spindles must
be used but do not have to match the frame. Spindles must be right and
left and of same design. Tubular spindles are not allowed.
21. A quick
release steering wheel must be used.
22. Only one shock per corner plus
one in the pull bar area is allowed. Internal or external bump stops are
not allowed except on panhard bar and pull bar.
23. The panhard bar
must measure at least 19 inches along a straight line connecting the two
24. Front coil over and remote reservoir shocks are
25. One steel, non-progressive coil spring per wheel plus
one spring in the pull bar area only. The pull bar spring may be
progressive. Steel or composite leaf springs may be used.
rubbers are allowed.
27. Independent rear suspensions are not
28. All cars must have operating four wheel brakes.
only driver adjustable instrument allowed in the car is a front to rear
brake proportioning valve.
30. All cars must have a steel front and
rear bumper. The front bumper must have a minimum of two bars with the
bottom bar parallel to the ground and the top bar directly above it. The
bars must measure at least 6.5 inches apart center to center. The rear
bumper must extend no more than 6 inches past the rear deck and have at
least one upright from the bumper to the fuel cell guard. All bumper
material must be a minimum 1.25 inch outside diameter and 0.065 inch wall
31. The car and driver must weigh 2350 pounds after each
32. Cars running aluminum heads must add fifty pounds of weight
in front of the engine plate (twenty five pounds per side).
weight must be painted white with car number and securely fastened using
solid steel bolts with a minimum diameter of 0.5 inches. The weight must
be mounted below the interior deck, outside the driver compartment, and
inside the body.
B. Engine and Drivetrain
1. The radiator
must be mounted in front of the engine.
2. The rear of the engine must
be mounted at least 72 inches in front of the rear axle center line.
The engine must not be offset more than 2 inches from the cross member
center line and must be level.
4. Roller cams and aluminum heads are
legal. See section A for weight requirements if running aluminum
5. Aluminum blocks are not allowed.
6. All cars must use only
one battery up to 16 volts. The battery must be mounted securely between
the frame rails.
7. Electronic traction control devices, timing retard
controls, digital gauges, and electronic or computer monitoring systems
capable of storing or transmitting data are not allowed. An analog memory
tachometer may be used.
8. Crank triggers and magnetos are not
9. Aftermarket transmissions are legal.
10. All cars must
have neutral, reverse, and at least two forward gears. Cars must start in
neutral using a working starter and then go into forward and reverse
11. All drive shafts must use steel slip yokes, be at least 2
inches in diameter, be painted white with car number, and have a 360
degree loop mounted approximately 6 inches behind the front
12. Cambered rear ends, torque dividing differentials, and
traction control devices are not allowed.
13. Quick-change rear ends
are legal but no aluminum parts are permitted in the rear end.
traction control devices of any kind are permitted.
C. Carb and
1. All cars must run a single naturally aspirated
2. Mechanical or belt driven fuel systems must be used and
must be mounted at the front of the engine.
3. The required fuel cell
must be securely mounted and well protected by steel tubing.
valves must be used on all vents.
5. Alcohol or racing gas may be used.
No additives are permitted except for top-end lube.
1. All cars must run 8” steel wheels. Wheels do not have
to have sanctioning body stamp.
2. Beadlocks are allowed and are
recommended on the right rear.
3. Approved tires-American Racer KK704,
KK704 Short, or Hoosier G60-15 with or without stamp.
4. Tires may be
grooved, siped, and ground.
5. Tires may not be chemically softened or
Contact Rick at the email address below with your