Safety Mini Stock Bomber Hobby Modified Mini Sprint
Mini Stock - 4 Cylinder
All General and Safety
A. Body and Weight
1. Wheel base must remain
2. No all-wheel drive cars permitted, front or rear
wheel drive ONLY.
3. Wheel wells may be enlarged to clear tires.
Doors may be gutted to add door bars.
5. Inner fenders may be
6. All cars must have a full stock floor pan extending past
the rear end.
7. All cars must retain the stock fire wall.
metal (late model style) bodies are permitted.
9. Cars are permitted to
have a plastic or aluminum nose piece.
10. Bars are permitted outside
of the body.
11. No top wings permitted.
12. Spoilers can be no
more than eight inches tall, including all angles and wicker bills.
Chassis cannot be altered from 0” in front of the A-frame to the back of
the rear spring.
14. The driver must be completely shielded from the
15. The battery must be in the rear of the car, separated
from the driver, and completely secured.
16. Doors must be welded or
17. All cars must have a racing seat and racing
18. All cars must weigh 2300 pounds with driver at the end
of each race.
B. Suspension, Steering, and Brakes
Suspension mounting points and suspension links must remain factory
2. No 2-link, 3-link, 4-link, Z-link, etc. rear suspensions are
3. Aftermarket springs are permitted.
5. Shocks may be relocated.
6. Rear end must be
stock OEM equipment.
7. Locked rear ends are permitted.
quick release steering wheel is highly recommended.
9. Quick steer is
10. Cars must have 4 wheel brakes.
proportioning valves are permitted.
Weight jacks are permitted if secured and approved
C. Fuel Cells
are mandatory. All fuel tanks must be securely installed, in a steel
container, in the trunk of the car, with at least two 1” wide by 1/8”
thick steel straps.
D. Engine and Transmission
1. The engine
must remain in the factory stock location.
2. Naturally aspirated, four
cylinder engines only.
3. Maximum displacement: 2.5L
stock blocks only.
5. Aluminum heads are only permitted if they came
from the factory on that make and model of car. ARCA heads are not
6. All engine parts must remain GM-GM, Ford-Ford,
Chrysler-Chrysler, and so on.
7. Head may be shaved, ported and
8. Stock-style ignitions must be used.
9. MSD style
ignition boxes are permitted.
10. Any hydraulic or solid lift camshaft
can be used. No roller cams are permitted unless it came from the factory
on that make and model of car.
11. Any header is permitted.
factory stock automatic or manual transmission must be used.
Factory torque converters must be used in automatic transmissions.
Aftermarket clutches and flywheels are allowed.
15. All cars must have
neutral, reverse, and at least two forward gears. Cars must start in
neutral using a working starter and then go into forward and reverse
16. No traction control devices of any kind are
E. Carb and Fuel
1. Cars may run either the factory
stock carb, factory stock fuel injection, or a Holley 4412 2 barrel
2. The carb must pass inspection from the top side with the track
3. The bottom of the carb must be no larger than 1
4. The ventura must remain stock, 1 3/8” size.
5. One inch
maximum carb spacer including adapter if used.
6. Factory stock fuel
injection is only permitted if it came from the factory on that make and
model of car.
7. If electric fuel pumps are used, they must be wired
through an oil pressure shut-off switch.
8. All cars must run gasoline.
No alcohol, additives, or nitrous oxide allowed.
F. Tires and
1. Any tire may be used as long as it fits within the track
tire hoop. The hoop is based on an American Racer KK 704 tire.
Racing studs and one inch lugnuts must be used.
Those items not
addressed above must remain stock and in the factory stock location as
produced by the original manufacturer.
Contact Rick at the email address below with your