Safety Mini 4cyl Bomber Hobby Modified Mini Sprint
All General and Safety Rules apply.
1. Any American coupe, sedan, or truck with a 101 or
greater stock wheelbase.
2. No convertibles. Wagons and hardtops are
3. No coil-over spring cars.
4. Complete stock appearing
bodies and bumpers are required. Fabricated replacement body parts must be
made to strongly resemble factory body parts.
5. Bumpers must be
chained/secured to the frame in such a manner to keep them from dropping
onto the track and/or being dragged along the track.
6. If the grill is
removed, expanded metal must be put in its place.
7. All doors must be
welded, chained, or bolted shut.
8. All trim and accessories must be
removed from the sides, front, and rear of the body, including chrome
moldings, trim rings, emblems, windshield wipers etc.
9. All glass must
be removed, including lights and lenses.
10. All flammable interior
parts must be removed.
11. Inner fenders may be removed.
racing seat must be used.
13. The hood and trunk must be welded,
chained, or pinned down.
14. All under-hood accessories may be
15. All holes in the firewall must be covered in steel (not
aluminum) of at least the same strength as the firewall.
battery must be secured and separated from the driver.
must be tied together.
18. The factory floor pan, or equivalent
material, must extend rearward past the drivers seat.
19. If the car
has an enclosed interior, it must have an inspection door that can be
easily detached or opened with a hinge or zeus fasteners.
20. The car
with driver must weigh at least 3000 pounds at the end of each
B. Fuel Cells
Fuel cells are mandatory and must be
securely installed, in the trunk area, with at least two 1 wide by 1/8
thick steel straps.
C. Engine and Transmission
1. The #1
plug must be even with, or in front of, the upper ball joint.
OEM-style iron block may be used.
3. No aluminum heads are permitted.
Cast iron heads only.
4. Any style camshaft, lifters, and rockers may
5. Any style intake and headers are legal.
magneto-style or crank-trigger ignition systems.
7. All engine parts
must remain GM-GM, Ford-Ford, Chrysler-Chrysler.
8. All cars must use
factory automatic or manual (3 or 4 speed) transmission. No aftermarket
9. Fluid lock automatics and mini clutch standards are
permitted on stock flywheels.
10. All cars must have neutral, reverse,
and at least two forward gears. Cars must start in neutral using a working
starter and then go into forward and reverse gears.
11. No traction
control devices of any kind are permitted.
D. Carb and
1. A Holley #4412 500 CFM 2 barrel must be used.
carb must pass inspection from the top side with the track go/no-go
3. The bottom of the carb must be no larger than 1 11/16
The ventura must remain stock, 1 3/8 size.
5. One inch maximum carb
spacer including adapter if used.
6. No electric fuel pumps.
cars must run gasoline. No alcohol, additives, or nitrous oxide
E. Suspensions, Steering, and Brakes
1. Rear suspension modifications allowed.
Racing springs allowed on front and rear.
springs may be relocated.
4. Racing shocks are allowed.
shocks may be relocated.
6. Rear shocks may
7. All control arms must be stock length and mount in
8. Tubular A-arms allowed.
steering only allowed if the car came with it stock from the
10. All cars must have four wheel brakes.
brake pedals and master cylinders are allowed.
F. Tires and
1. Steel racing wheels are required with a maximum width of
10 inches. Beadlocks are permitted and are recommended on the right
2. Studs must be 5/8 diameter and utilize a 1 lugnut.
asphalt pull-offs are allowed, but they must not be softer than a 50
4. No recaps are
Contact Rick at the email address below with your