Safety Mini 4cyl Bomber Hobby Modified Mini Sprint
All General and
Safety Rules apply.
A. Body and Weight
1. Any American
coupe, sedan, or truck with a 101 or greater stock wheelbase.
convertibles. Wagons and hardtops are legal.
3. No coil-over spring
4. Complete stock appearing bodies and bumpers are required.
Fabricated replacement body parts must be made to strongly resemble
factory body parts.
5. Bumpers must be chained/secured to the frame in
such a manner to keep them from dropping onto the track and/or being
dragged along the track.
6. If the grill is removed, expanded metal
must be put in its place.
7. All doors must be welded, chained, or
8. All trim and accessories must be removed from the
sides, front, and rear of the body, including chrome moldings, trim rings,
emblems, windshield wipers etc.
9. All glass must be removed, including
lights and lenses.
10. All flammable interior parts must be
11. The inner fenders may be removed.
12. A racing seat
must be used.
13. The hood and trunk must be welded, chained, or pinned
14. All under-hood accessories may be removed.
15. All holes
in the firewall must be covered in steel (not aluminum) of at least the
same strength as the firewall.
16. The doors may be gutted to allow for
installation of roll cages and bars.
17. No further gutting is
18. The battery must be secured and separated from the
19. The body and frame must maintain at least 5 1/2 of ground
20. Uni-bodies must be tied together.
21. The factory
floor pan must extend rearward past the drivers seat.
22. If the car
has an enclosed interior, it must have an inspection door that can be
easily detached or opened with a hinge or zeus fasteners.
23. The car
with driver must weigh at least 3400 pounds at the end of each
B. Suspension, Steering, and Brakes
1. All cars must
remain on the stock suspension for the car that it is under.
springs are allowed on the front and rear.
3. No mono-leaf springs or
spring sliders are allowed unless originally equipped.
adjustable or cheater weight jacks are allowed
on the front or rear unless secured and approved by inspector.
or heim-mounted shocks are permitted.
6. Stock appearing A-arms
7. Rear shocks must mount in approximately the same location
8. Only one shock per wheel is allowed.
9. No spring
assisted shocks are allowed unless originally equipped.
10. All control
arms must be mounted in stock location.
11. All rear suspension
components must be mounted in stock locations.
12. No relocation of
mounting points is allowed.
13. The use of chains or other devices to
limit suspension travel is not allowed.
14. Rear springs must use stock
upper spring pads in stock location.
15. A Ford 9 housing is highly
recommended. Floaters are permitted.
16. Rack-and-pinion cars must use
factory stock parts only.
17. No alterations of chassis or steering
components are allowed, except a quick release steering wheel is highly
Quick-steer is permitted.
19. All cars must have four wheel
20. Aftermarket brake pedals and master cylinders are
C. Fuel Cells
Fuel cells are mandatory. All
fuel tanks must be securely installed, in the trunk area, with at least
two 1 wide by 1/8 thick steel straps.
D. Engine and
1. The #1 plug must be even with, or in front of, the
upper ball joint.
2. Factory stock iron blocks only. No aftermarket
3. GM-362 ci maximum. 3.480 stroke with no more than +.060
bore. No 400 ci blocks.
4. Ford-362 ci maximum. 3.500 stroke with no
more than +.060 bore.
5. Chrysler-370 ci maximum. 3.578 stroke with
no more than +.060 bore.
6. Crankshaft and rods must remain
7. Flat top or dish pistons only.
8. Engine must not generate
over 160 psi of compression when cranked over a minimum of five times, at
normal speed, hot, with throttle closed.
9. Engine must not pull less
than 16 in.-lbs of vacuum at 1000 RPM.
10. All cars must use a
hydraulic or solid lift camshaft. NO roller camshafts are allowed.
Stock appearing internal parts ONLY.
12. Roller or roller tip
rocker arms permitted.
13. All heads must be unaltered (except for
valve sizes) OEM with no larger than 2.02 intake and 1.60 exhaust
14. Screw-in studs and guide plates are allowed.
15. No stud
girdles are permitted.
16. Any size combustion chambers allowed.
17. Must use unaltered
OEM cast iron two or four barrel intake.
18. No high-rise, performance
OEM, or marine intakes permitted.
19. No gasket matching, porting,
polishing, acid dipping, or any other alterations allowed to
20. No Bowtie intakes permitted.
21. Cast iron exhaust
manifolds or headers are allowed. No tri-y or exotic headers are
22. Must use stock-style ignition. Stock-appearing aftermarket
coils and modules are allowed.
23. Standard transmission-Must use
factory stock OEM clutch disc and pressure plate on stock steel OEM
flywheel. Mini clutches are not permitted.
transmission-Stock-type working torque converters and stock flywheels
25. All cars must have neutral, reverse, and at least two
forward gears. Cars must start in neutral using a working starter and then
go into forward and reverse gears.
26. No aftermarket transmissions are
27. Must have steel scatter-proof bellhousing.
traction control devices of any kind are permitted.
E. Carb and
1. An unaltered Holley #4412 500 CFM 2 barrel must be
2. The carb must pass inspection from the top side with the track
3. The bottom of the carb must be no larger than 1
4. The ventura must remain stock, 1 3/8 size.
5. One inch
maximum carb spacer including adapter if used.
6. No electric fuel
7. All cars must run gasoline. No alcohol, additives, or nitrous
F. Wheels and Tires
1. Steel racing wheels
are required with a maximum width of 10 inches. Beadlocks are allowed and
are recommended on the right rear.
2. Studs must be 5/8 diameter and
utilize a 1 lugnut.
3. Approved tires-275/60/15 or smaller street
tires, asphalt take-offs, American Racer KK704, KK704 Short, or Hoosier
G6015 with or without stamp.
4. No tires may be softer than a 50
5. No recaps are permitted.
Those items not addressed
above must remain stock and in the factory stock location as produced by
Contact Rick at the email address below with your